Pages

Friday 15 April 2016

Bunting Birthday Cake


It was E's first birthday last weekend! It took me a long time (and a lot of research) before deciding what to do. I really liked the bunting cakes with all the teddies I saw on Pinterest, so that was my starting point.

C'était le premier anniversaire d'E le week-end dernier! J'ai passé beaucoup de temps à rechercher un gâteau sympa qui n'avait pas l'air trop compliqué... J'aimais beaucoup ceux avec des nounours (merci Pinterest!) donc je me suis mise à l'oeuvre.


Some bakers swear by wrapping a damp cloth around the cake pan to have a nice flat cake and more even bake. As you can see it definitely works!
 

J'avais aussi une technique "miracle" à essayer. Pour éviter un dôme au centre et des bords trop cuits, il suffit d'entourer le moule de tissu mouillé... et bien ça marche nickel!


After all the Easter chocolate, I chose to do a whipped cream and lemon curd filling. It was lovely, but absolutely not practical... I had to put the cake together at the last minute as I didn't want the cake to dry out in the fridge.


Après la montagne de chocolat de Pâques, c'est le citron qui l'a emporté. Crème fouettée et lemon curd... délice. Malheureusement pas du tout pratique car il doit être assemblé à la dernière minute ou mis au frigo mais j'avais peur d'assecher le gâteau.



 All in all, success! :p


Un succès en tout cas, même E en a mangé! (et même pleuré pour en avoir encore...  :p )

No comments:

Post a Comment